Great news for refugees and foreign students in Ukraine

30.08.2018 | Legal

Great news for foreigners in UkraineThe government instructed the State Migration Service, the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Social Policy to consider the possibility of free studying the Ukrainian language for refugees in Ukraine.

Read also: How to obtain temporary residence permit in Ukraine | FAQ

By refugees means foreigners and stateless persons who were recongized by State Migration Service of Ukraine as refugees or people who need complementary protection. Learn more about this here.

The corresponding decision was made at a government meeting on 29th of August.

The indicated agencies should work on these possibilities until 2020. Such a provision is envisaged in the action plan for the implementation of the strategy of the state migration policy for the period up to 2025.

Read also: Permanent residence permit in Kharkov: obtaining and aspects

During 2019, it is also planned to analyze legislation to create conditions under which foreigners and stateless persons (who have residence permits or are recongnized refugees or people who need complementary protection) who study in Ukraine, after graduation, will be able to extend the period of residence in Ukraine, as well as to find work during and after school.

By extension of residence means extra grounds for immigration to Ukraine, by work means official employment of students for part-time jobs during their study in Ukraine and after graduation.

Read also: What to do if you’ve overstayed in Ukraine

Also, the government plans to study the experience of the member countries of the European Union and the United States in the area of ​​migration amnesty, and also to study the feasibility of introducing such an amnesty in Ukraine.

By migration amnesty means cancellation of legal responsibility for illegals who were living in Ukraine for a long period of time, have created families and integrate into the society.

Read also: Effectiveness and importance of advocates requests

If necessary, the Migration Service, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Internal Affairs and the State Border Service must prepare and submit relevant documents to the government.

Read also other legal articles.

Comments (2)

  • Arifur Rahman

    Dear sir I would like to know about resident permit in Ukraine

    on 31.08.2018 Reply
    • Manager

      Greetings. On our website you can read other articles about obtaining residence permit or request legal consultation.

      on 02.09.2018 Reply

Write Comments