Essential and Background Information
Short-term (type “C”), are issued for staying in Ukraine for up to 90 days within 180 days. Short-term visas are issued as one-, two- and multiple-entry visas and can be valid for not more than 5 years.
Documents for visa application for entry to Ukraine can be filed:
1) to the embassies or consulates of Ukraine abroad. Any foreigner / stateless person from visa-free entry into Ukraine can apply for a visa through foreign diplomatic institutions of Ukraine. Documents for the visa must be submitted no earlier than 3 months before the start of the planned trip.
2) at checkpoints across the state border of Ukraine at the international airports “Borispol”, “Kyiv” (Zhulyany) and “Odessa”. Only foreigners from 33 selected countries who enter Ukraine for up to 15 days with a tourist or business purpose can use this opportunity.
3) through the visa centers of Ukraine abroad in Angola (Luanda), Egypt (Cairo), India (Delhi), China (Beijing, Guangzhou and Shanghai), Lebanon (Beirut), Morocco ( Rabat), Nigeria (m. Abuja), Tunisia (Tunis) operating in cooperation with foreign diplomatic institutions of Ukraine in these countries. Visa applications through visa centers are available to foreigners and stateless persons residing in these countries.
Visa registration at airports in exceptional cases
Foreigners / stateless persons who were unable to obtain a visa in the embassy or consulate of Ukraine abroad in advance and have a good reason to enter Ukraine without delay can apply to the departments of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine at airports for the issue of one-time short-term visa (type “C”) by the term of validity up to 15 days
Such good reasons, in particular, are:
– the need to enter Ukraine with a diplomatic or service purpose at the request of the state authorities of Ukraine;
– Participation in the elimination of the consequences of an emergency in Ukraine at the request of the State Emergency Service;
– the need for urgent medical treatment or participation in the burial of a close relative, as evidenced by the relevant documents.
Pre-registration of the visa application form
The Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine recommends that all foreigners and stateless persons who intend to apply for a visa must pre-fill out a visa application form and register a visa application at the web-site http://visa.mfa.gov.ua.
The presence of a pre-registered, printed and self-signed visa application form and supporting documents by the applicant will greatly simplify the filing of visa applications.
For registration of all types of visas, unless otherwise provided by the legislation and international agreements of Ukraine, shall be submitted:
1) a passport document that must meet the following requirements:
– to be valid not less than 3 months after the declared date of departure from the territory of Ukraine;
– contain at least 2 free pages;
– be a term of no more than 10 years;
2) a completed and signed visa application form.
Visa application forms are submitted by legal representatives on behalf of incapacitated persons. Individuals whose details are included in the passport document of a foreigner and stateless person who accompanies him, submit separate visa applications. Visa application forms for minors are filed with the signature of one of the parents or legal representative;
3) one color photograph 35 * 45 mm;
4) a valid health insurance policy covering the cost of at least 30,000 euros or equivalent in another currency, unless otherwise provided by law or international treaties of Ukraine. This requirement does not apply to persons who use a diplomatic or official passport;
5) documents confirming the availability of sufficient financial support for the period of the planned stay and for returning to the state of origin or transit to a third state or the possibility to obtain sufficient financial support legally in the territory of Ukraine in accordance with the Procedure for confirmation of sufficient financial provision of foreigners and stateless persons for entry into Ukraine, stay in Ukraine, transit through the territory of Ukraine and exit beyond its borders and determining the size of such abezpechennya approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 4 December 2013 r. number 884. If the visa application for multiple-entry visa checked for adequate financial provision for the period of the first planned trip to Ukraine. This requirement does not apply to persons who use a diplomatic or official passport. According to the Procedure, compliance with this requirement is determined at a rate of US $ 750 for 15 days of stay in Ukraine;
6) a document confirming the payment of the consular fee, unless otherwise provided by the legislation and international agreements of Ukraine.
7) In addition to the above documents, a document confirming the business purpose of the trip to Ukraine should also be provided.
Deadline for review of documents and decision making
Embassies and Consulates of Ukraine consider visa applications and make decisions on granting a visa or refusal to apply for a visa in the following terms:
urgently – up to 5 working days from the date of receipt of the necessary documents. Urgent visa application is carried out at the request of a foreigner or stateless person and within the terms determined by the relevant foreign diplomatic institution of Ukraine;
in the usual manner – up to 10 working days from the date of receipt of the necessary documents, unless otherwise provided by international agreements of Ukraine. The specified period can be extended up to 30 working days if additional inspections are necessary.
The subdivisions of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine at the international airports “Borispol” and “Kyiv” (Zhulyany), “Odessa” make decisions on the results of the examination of visa applications on the day of application.
Embassies and consulates of Ukraine for the issuance of all types of visas (transit, short-term, long-term) shall issue a consular fee at the base rate of 65 US dollars, unless otherwise provided by international agreements of Ukraine. At the same time, for the issue of certain categories of visas to foreigners from certain countries, the consular fee is charged at a tariff rate in excess of US $ 65 in accordance with the principle of reciprocity.
For the issuance of visas at an urgent or non-working time, the consular fee is doubled.
In case of refusal to issue a visa, the consular fee will not be refunded.
Information on tariffs for consular fees can be found on the website of the relevant embassy or consular post of Ukraine.
For the issue of visas by the departments of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine at Boryspil, Kiev (Zhulyany) and Odessa airports, a consular fee of 150 non-taxable minimum incomes (2550 UAH) is being paid, unless otherwise provided by law or international treaties of Ukraine.
Many foreign businessmen prefer to communicate personally with business partners. For this matter they have to visit foreign countries, including Ukraine.
Often the conclusion of international contracts require the presence of all parties. Business Exhibition and Conference gather participants from around the world. Product presentation suppose to be at the meeting with the customer. In all these cases, if you want to cross the border, and not between countries signed an agreement on visa-free regime, the foreigner may enter the territory of Ukraine with business visa.
This visa can be issued at the consulate subject by business invitation.
Making business invitation is strict in accordance with the laws of Ukraine. Party host may be a company that has a business relationship with a foreigner. The presence of the business relationship is tested with the utmost care. A company that invite foreigners to Ukraine must be accredited by the migration service. Only after receiving the ID card company can proceed with the procedures for issuing invitations.
Ukraine business visa requirements
To obtain business visit visa foreigner must submit the following documents:
- Ukraine business visa invitation letter, made on company letterhead which clearly indicated the name of the legal entity, its legal and actual address, contact phone numbers. It should be stated purpose of visit non-resident;
- a copy of the registration card that shows the setting of a legal entity registered in the Migration Service;
- copy of the passport of the head; if the head – also a non-resident, you must provide documents proving residence and work permit;
- a document that indicates the presence of a non-resident of residence;
- legalized copy of the passport of non-resident;
- a document confirming payment of the registration fee.